Wednesday, May 13, 2009

FREDA, MY MOM by MARK SHAPIRO/wizardofbaum/youtube/google


Freda was my mothers name

A person who belongs in the Hall of Fame



A giver of the truest sense to anyone

Treating each person as her son



She loved music and laugher

And would sing songs that raised the rafter



Never complaining and supportive to me

I grew up seeing the world as a good place to be



She taught me love and how to forgive

And said that was the only way to live



For in time, what may seem wicked and wrong

Will fade away and make me strong



She said seeing the light in anything

Would make me a better being



The day came when she did get sick and weak

And I saw my life become bleak



But she fought hard for life

As she always told me to do under strife



We all think our parents live forever for us

But find out reality and thus



To find that we all are really alone on this earth

Having given life by a mother at birth



The day she died, I cried

For she was the one I relied



I have never been the same since then

And always think of times back when



But have learned that she is still alive with me

For she gave me birth and knowledge for those to see



I love Freda and miss her so, and in time

We will once again be together, my love of mine



FREDA SHAPIRO on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j3rFe6r4b0

No comments: